Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Work Location: Moselle, MS
Incorporated in 1992, Southern Hens is a fully integrated poultry processing company engaged in the processing and distribution of fresh, frozen and canned RTE poultry products. Southern Hens operates three plants at its’ headquarters in Moselle, MS and employees 900 team members. Southern Hens has a long history of targeted growth and training and promoting team members to achieve corporate and personal professional goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees all maintenance activities related to the plant to which they have been assigned.
- Supervises assigned mechanics to perform below mentioned activities.
- Trains and oversees mechanics to ensure that proper techniques are being utilized when repair or preventive maintenance activities are being performed.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Planning in implementing Preventive Maintenance schedules and instructions to maximize uptime.
- In conjunction with Maintenance Planning, performs analysis of equipment downtime to further develop and recommends Predictive Maintenance activities.
- Coordinates all planned downtime activities with production to maximize equipment availability.
- Resolves maintenance problems and recommends measures to improve operations or machine performance.
- Ensures and maintains the safe and proper operation of plant equipment and machinery.
- Takes corrective action, as necessary, to ensure machinery operates safely, efficiently, and economically, as possible.
- Makes adjustments and repairs to equipment to maintain production and ensure service life of said equipment.
- Helps to keep work area clean on a routine basis.
- Performs other functions as directed by the General Manager, as needed.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
- High school diploma.
- 2-year trade/technical school mechanic program (or comparable).
- Ten years’ experience in maintenance department, in a manufacturing environment. Must have at least three (3) years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with CCMS (or equivalent) preferred.
ATTENTION SH STAFF – DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE!