Incorporated in 1992, Southern Hens is a fully integrated poultry processing company engaged in the processing and distribution of fresh, frozen and canned RTE poultry products. Southern Hens operates three plants at its’ headquarters in Moselle, MS and employees 900 team members. Southern Hens has a long history of targeted growth and training and promoting team members to achieve corporate and personal professional goals.
- This position will be responsible for directing and administering processing and inventory control and all functions relating planning, processing, packaging, packing and control of the products to meet customer requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in slaughtering, dressing, packaging and packing poultry.
- Train new workers in slaughtering, dressing, packaging and packing duties.
- Observe and evaluate performance of workers to ensure conformance to processing standards.
- May substitute for line workers to meet production needs.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels
- Establish procedures and supervising physical inventory; ensuring proper control planning and scheduling programs
- Assure conformity to quality standards
- Solve problems resulting from material shortages
- Motivate subordinates to optimize their performance
- Reports to the Kill Plant Manager.
- Performs other functions, as needed.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to speak, see, walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and stand.
- Ability to lift and stack materials in crates, up to 60-70 pounds.
- Manual dexterity.
- Hand to eye co-ordination.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to work in heights above 8 feet.
- Employees stand for the duration of their shift and repeat the same physical process throughout the day.
- Excellent attendance record
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Able to work in existing weather conditions
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
COVID-19 Considerations To keep our employees safe, we have sanitizing stations as you enter and exit the facility and in each break areas. CDC social distancing is observed. Temp checked upon entering the security gates. Employee masks available.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moselle, MS 39459: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location