Incorporated in 1992, Southern Hens is a fully integrated poultry processing company engaged in the processing and distribution of fresh, frozen and canned RTE poultry products. Southern Hens operates three plants at its’ headquarters in Moselle, MS and employees 900 team members. Southern Hens has a long history of targeted growth and training and promoting team members to achieve corporate and personal professional goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure rework is accurate completed on a daily basis.
- Ability to work with USDA inspection on a professional level.
- Maintain daily accurate attendance records.
- Follow safety and evacuation procedures to assure all employees a safe work environment and ability to evacuate facility as required promptly.
- Administer employee corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and positive motivation for all employees. Ensure training is implemented.
- Assist in the area set up for production. Assuring the area is ready for production at shift start up.
- Understand the flow of the evisceration department.
- Know and be able to answer questions on GMP’s.
- Know and understand production requirements.
- Follow plant procedures and guidelines.
- Enforce tag and labeling required in area.
- Communicate hourly with departments requiring production updates.
- Attend production meetings daily and contribute with updates.
- Evaluate employees and verify production against process capabilities and requirements.
- Define teams for the area and identify the team required to work overtime if required.
- Be able to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Reports all problems to the Plant Manager.
- Performs other functions directed by Plant Manager, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of manufacturing managerial or supervisory experience, preferably in a poultry processing plant.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, we have sanitizing stations as you enter and exit the facility and in each break areas. CDC social distancing is observed. Temp checked upon entering the security gates. Employee masks available.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moselle, MS 39459: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location