Incorporated in 1992, Southern Hens is a fully integrated poultry processing company engaged in the processing and distribution of fresh, frozen and canned RTE poultry products. Southern Hens operates three plants at its’ headquarters in Moselle, MS and employees 900 team members. Southern Hens has a long history of targeted growth and training and promoting team members to achieve corporate and personal professional goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in processing poultry.
- Sets up and monitors dicers and CO-2 freezers.
- Confers with plant management to ascertain daily production requirements and to discuss condition of equipment, status of supplies, and deployment of workers.
- Problem solves daily minor disruptions to planned work flow. Communicates and coordinates more serious issues to plant management. Offers suggestions to address problems and is responsible for implementing agreed upon solutions.
- Trains new workers and monitors performance, correcting and guiding, as needed.
- Handles daily workers minor employee relations and performance issues within the guidelines of company policy.
- Recommends improvements to improve operational efficiencies.
- Equipment checks and forms processing for production and food safety objectives.
- Communicates with plant management and supervision on needs and priorities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of experience as a supervisor, preferably in a poultry processing plant.
- Ability to speak, see, hear, walk, bend, stoop, reach, twist, grasp, lift, climb, and stand.
- Ability to lift, stack or carry materials, up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to work safely.
- Manual dexterity and hand to eye coordination.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to work in progress and details
- Ability to work in cold temperatures
- Valid Driver’s License
- Operator’s license for forklift and electric pallet jacks.
- Capable of working well with others with minimum supervision
- Excellent attendance
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep our employees safe, we have sanitizing stations as you enter and exit the facility and in each break areas. CDC social distancing is observed. Temp checked upon entering the security gates. Employee masks available.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Moselle, MS 39459: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location