Job Type: Full Time
Shift: Night Shift
Incorporated in 1992, Southern Hens is a fully integrated poultry processing company engaged in the processing and distribution of fresh, frozen and canned RTE poultry products. Southern Hens operates three plants at its’ headquarters in Moselle, MS and employees 900 team members. Southern Hens has a long history of targeted growth and training and promoting team members to achieve corporate and personal professional goals.
The QC Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the quality department as directed by the QC Manager to assure that the products produced are safe, wholesome, and meet company, consumer, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure compliance with all company and plant Food Safety and Animal Care & Well-Being policies, including but not limited to USDA and state regulations, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Monitor product attributes to ensure that product quality is at specified levels.
- Verify pre-operational and operational sanitation procedures.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with USDA/IFSIS.
- Staff, train, evaluate & develop team members.
- Maintain & review HACCP, SSOP, lab, and plant quality records.
- Communicates with plant management and supervision on deficiencies within the facility.
- May be required to assist with lab work to include collecting samples, running tests, performing titrations, working with various pieces of lab equipment, and recording results.
- Document and calculate results of tests accurately.
- Take corrective action when necessary and alert appropriate personnel to adjust process.
- Identify, segregate and isolate non-conforming product and report results to management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal science, or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food processing
- Knowledge of poultry/foods processing principles; understanding of management principles, and team concepts. General knowledge of plant functions: production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping, receiving, and sanitation.
- Must be able to work in cold, damp, wet environment with temperatures ranging from 40 to 90 degrees.
- Stand/walk 100% of work day.
- Exposure to noise levels greater than 85 decibels.
- Bend, stoop and lift various weights as needed up to 50 lbs. or more.
- Climb stairs, frequently stoop, kneel, crawl and bend.
- Exposure to strong, raw and foul odors.
- Bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and standing for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity of hands and wrists.
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING DISABILITY AND VETERANS
- Excellent attendance record
- Good analytical and communication (written/oral) skills
- Ability to read
- Good math skills
- Excellent computer skills (preferably experience with database programs)
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability in supervision of others.
- Capable of working with others with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and perform accurately
- Pleasant personality and professional demeanor
- Willingness to work long hours and weekend
- Valid driver license and good driving record
- Knowledge of USDA/IFSIS Regulations, Quality Audit Systems, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Food Safety Systems including HACCP and SSOP, preferred.
ATTENTION SH STAFF – DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE!